What to Expect
Initial visit: lasts approximately 60 mins
- The first appointment includes a detailed discussion of the health of your child and the issues that are affecting them. We will do a health evaluation and discuss a treatment plan with you. Diet and lifestyle suggestions will be given, Chinese tincture prescription may also be given. Your child will receive a treatment.
- For young children and babies, a mom's or dad's lap may be the best place for them to receive a treatment. We will do our best to accommodate your child's needs/preferences.
- Please feel free to bring your child's favorite books, toys, blanket, anything that will make them feel more comfortable.
Follow-up visit: lasts approximately 30 mins
- A follow-up visit includes a short check-in to evaluate previous treatment, followed by a treatment.
During an appointment -
- I will explain kids how acupuncture can help their health
- I will show them a needle (kitty whisker) and how acupuncture (tapping) will happen
- I use "kitty whiskers" only when kids are ready
- I will rub area of skin to de-sensitize before tapping takes place
- The number of "kitty whiskers" is determined by a child's age, readiness, and health issue (usually anywhere between 1 to 8).
- Duration of needle retention varies in each child, anywhere from seconds (in and out) to 10-15 mins.
- Treatments are usually relaxing and calming
After a treatment -
- Please make sure to hydrate your child and avoid any strenuous activities, which can aggravate their health conditions
- Your child may seem tired after the treatment.
- Occasionally, you may see the symptoms get worse for short period before they improve. This can be due to the stimulation of energy flow. If you are concerned, please feel free to contact Aunty Miko.